Treasure Your Memories by Preserving Fresh Flowers
That first rose your partner gave you; the first yellow flower offered by your best friend; there are so many memories that are etched into our hearts. Flowers hold immense importance in our lives because of the intention behind them. They make us remember those special moments spent with our special people in life. The sad part is that only memories stay with us as flowers wither soon. But what if we told you that there was a way of preserving those fresh flowers and treasuring the memories for a lifetime? That’s right, today we’d tell you the best ways of Preserving Fresh Flowers to keep fresh & alive.
Methods of Preserving Gifted Flowers
- Air Drying Fresh Petals
Take a fresh bouquet of baby’s breath, roses, lavender, or other flowers and hang it upside down. Here is what you need to do –
- Cut the excess flower foliage
- Cut the stems and leave around 6 inches
- Tie the stems together
- Hang the bouquet upside down and keep it away from direct sunlight
- The entire process would take up to three weeks
- Once the petals are completely dried, spray them with a non-fragrant hairspray.
Microwaving technique for flowers is ideal for chrysanthemums, tulips, Gerbera daisies, and roses. Here is how to do it –
- Collect the blooms and fit them into a microwave bowl
- Add silica gel to the bottom of the container (quantity depends on the size of blooms)
- Pour silica gel over the blooms to prevent them from flattening
- Microwave this for around 5 minutes
- Check the flowers to see if they are dry
- Let them rest for a day and after that, separate the petals from the gel
- Pressing the Flowers
This is an old preservation method and is quick and easy. The method of pressing the flowers depends on their material and quantity. Follow these steps of Preserving Fresh Flowers–
- Separate the flowers from the leaves
- Use a notebook and place an absorbent sheet inside
- Place the bloom on parchment paper and put that paper on the absorbent sheet
- Place another absorbent paper on the other side
- Place more books for weight and keep them aside for around 3 to 4 weeks
Some Tips You Should Follow
- Stay Away from Direct Sunlight
One of the main causes of flowers drying out is the natural light of the sun. Whenever you are finding a place to arrange a fresh flower bouquet, make sure that they are kept in a dry and cool place. This method would ensure that those colorful and beautiful flowers don’t fade away within a week.
- Find a Good Place to Arrange Them
Flowers are special and the place you put them should also hold immense value. Before grabbing the first available vase in your home, find a spot that would not only catch everyone’s attention but also help preserve your flowers.
- Think What You Want to Do with the Flowers
Before you begin with the preservation process, think about what you want them for. Think about the possible options to send them to someone with other combo gifts like chocolates and cakes. Do you want to frame those flowers and hang them on the wall or do you want to give a DIY gift to someone? This would give clarity to the process.
In a world often marked by challenges, stress, and uncertainty, the simple...